Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Train Trip Retrospective - a Playlist

Playlist for October 8th, 2009

Okay, so, I have admittedly not been the best at keeping this blog up to date. I cobbled together a string of posts from some notes I had lying around, but there are a couple of shows lost to the ages. Heard the way real radio is heard - live. Not read about on the internet, which is what we're doing here.

Not to say this isn't useful too! I mean, I wouldn't want to think I was wasting my time on this blog. No sir.

Anyway, I recently took a train trip out to the east coast and back. It was really, really awesome. I stopped in Winnipeg, Toronto, Halifax, Sackville, and Montreal, in that order. The show was an overview of some of the bands I managed to see live on the trip.

1. Del Barber* - Story That You Tell (Where The City Ends)
2. Novillero* - Life in Parentheses (A Little Tradition)
3. Oh My Darling* - Sail Away (Oh My Darling)
4. Brent Randall and his Pinecones* - Lion's Valley (We Were Strangers in Paddington Green
5. The Meligrove Band* - Grasshappers in Honey (Planets Conspire)
6. Deerhoof - Odyssey (Runner's Four)
7. Born Ruffians* - Barnacle Goose (Red, Yellow, and Blue)
8. Lars Ludvig Löfgren - We Always Knew (Heterchromia)
9. Ghost Trees* - Books In Your Hands (Feathers EP)
10. Paper Tiger - This Year (Everyone Here)
11. The Wind Whistles* - Judo (Animals Are People Too)
12. Tom Fun Orchestra* - Watchmaker (You Will Land With A Thud)
13. Sister Suvi* - Desolation (I Am Champion)

No comments:

Post a Comment